Friday, September 17, 2010

update 1.0

School has been amazing. The criticism program here is more than I could have imagined. I fit in very well within it and yet there is still so much room to move and think. There are no blinders or methodologies imposed on you and you are allowed to explore. It's a fucking dream come true.

READ Dave Hickey. Please.

ANyways, Chicago rules. My apartment is coming together. I am only missing some stuff, but little by little I have been dumsptering amazing shit. I was telling my mom the other day that it's nice having the freedom and solitude to get acquainted with one's self again. You would think after so much babble about self awareness and independence that I would have gotten acquainted with 'myself' already, but I must prescribe a remedy if you find it hard to do. Imposed distance from your own life is one way of doing this. Some people find it hard because of proximity to their everyday and some (like me) distanced ourselves, 1,304 miles in my case, from the norm.

Stir shit up a little and see what you find. If there's nothing under the soot, move on and try to stir it up again.

NO more prescriptions!

MIAMI, peoples should go see Norman Finkelstein on Wed. Sept. 20 @ FIU South.

See you soon!

No comments: